Living Well with Big "C"ancer

I'm writing to express my feelings and share my journey about having and surviving CANCER! These are just my thoughts and opinions. I believe humor to be a big healer .... laughing, crying, living everyday to the fullest!

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sugar, Sugar, Everywhere

Everything changes when you here the word cancer. One of the biggest for me was no more sugar....I believe that cancer feeds on sugar. I felt  we ate quite healthy. Most everything was organic, lots of fresh fruit and vegetables and whole grains. My down fall "SUGAR". I like the sweet stuff but especially ice cream. I could eat a bowl every night .... and sometimes I did. Sugar, feeding my cancer everyday. When I was told I had cancer that ended all my sugar consumption, including high glycemic fruits. Starve the cancer was my moto.

I'm not having any sugar cravings so does that mean I've not gotten all the sugar out of my diet. Sugar hides in so many of the food products out there. Read the labels and know all the names sugar can hide under. We eat leaner, greener and organic when ever we can....shop only the outside perimeter of the store. A strong healthy body can fight cancer ...... So 1st step don't feed it....stave it!

No comments:

Post a Comment