Living Well with Big "C"ancer

I'm writing to express my feelings and share my journey about having and surviving CANCER! These are just my thoughts and opinions. I believe humor to be a big healer .... laughing, crying, living everyday to the fullest!

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Wraping My Mind Around It

Waffling...... not sure this is a word but, this is what I've been doing. When I found out I had cancer I was adamant about not doing Chemotherapy. Now I'm faced with to do or not to do! I saw the chemotherapy doctor last Friday along with the Radiation doctor. I was there for a consultation, why did they think I need to add chemotherapy to my treatment?

Well, my grade three, aggressive cancer has a 75% chance of returning to the cervix area, hence the radiation plan. The chemotherapy that is being planned, called Cisplatin, is to enhance the effectiveness of the external radiation. The plan is to administer two rounds of Cisplain three weeks apart, at the same time as the external radiation, for a duration of  five weeks everyday but weekends. Then I'll return to Willamette Valley Cancer Institute in Springfield to receive the internal Bracy radiation therapy followed by three or four more rounds of chemotherapy with Carboplatin and Paclitaxel.

I talked again with Dr Dotters, her feelings, throwing everything I can at this cancer now, will help stop it's return. I'm young, I'm in good health and I have a can do attitude.

So... I prepare for war!

No comments:

Post a Comment