Living Well with Big "C"ancer

I'm writing to express my feelings and share my journey about having and surviving CANCER! These are just my thoughts and opinions. I believe humor to be a big healer .... laughing, crying, living everyday to the fullest!

Friday, June 3, 2011

Pin Cushion

You live with cancer everyday, even when they tell you, you're good to go, we got it, you're cancer free. Not a day goes by that I don't question what goes in my mouth, did I exercise enough, did I sit to much, I'm I getting enough vitamin D. Where is my stress level....cool as a cucumber, I sure hope so. I'm also reminded every three months when my arm becomes a pin cushion giving blood. One, two how many do they need? I'm tested for CBC, CMP, CEA, and the big one CA125 my cancer maker. I get a comprehensive metabolic check, complete blood count red, white, new baby's, Oh that's why I'm so tired. They check my liver function and so far my tests have come back good.  I'm still working on those white cells ... those little immune fighters.

 Once you have experienced cancer, made it through the treatment, you are then faced with learning to live your life without fear.  Fear that the cancer will return, fear that your not doing enough to keep yourself healthy. The more you fear the more underlying stress appears. So how do we deal with these changes?  Stress is the big one here, It is the most important part of recovery. Reduce it with what ever works. Meditate, yoga, exercise, eat fresh healthy foods, keep a positive attitude and have fun ...remember when you were 10 not a care in the world! Oh Yea!


 I'll see the Doc in a week and get the results of my blood tests....nothing to worry about, life is good, ride your bike.

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their WEBSITE www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete